Ecolab Student-Initiated Sustainability Leadership Projects
Award: up to $2,000
Application Opens: April 15, 2020
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020
These scholarships support students in designing and leading projects to address environmental grand challenges. Projects can be led on or off campus, but student applicants must identify a university or community professional who is able to serve a project advisor. The project advisor will be asked to provide guidance to the student during the project and complete a brief evaluation of the student’s project.
- Students applying for summer Student-Initiated Sustainability Leadership Projects should be able to start their project in early June.
- Selected applicants will attend monthly cohort meetings during the summer and following academic year.
- This scholarship is for unpaid internships. Small benefits such as occasional lunches, free tickets, and parking privileges do not count as salary. Modest stipends (less than $100 total) also do not count as salary.
- Scholarship recipients will receive half the scholarship at the beginning of the leadership project, and half after completing the leadership project.
- First, students must have a project advisor to coach/mentor the project.
- Complete the online application form by May 15, 2020.
- Candidates may be asked to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
Questions about any of these scholarships can be sent to IonEscholarship@umn.edu.
See responses to common questions on the FAQ page.