Sustainability minors: employers want you!
Hey, sustainability minors! Thinking about your future and curious what your career opportunities look like?
Check out these employers that attended the February 6 Environmental Career & Internship Fair on the St. Paul campus. Each of them indicated they are interested in hiring students with sustainability backgrounds.
Internship and Seasonal Positions
- Minnesota GreenCorps: Become part of a new generation of environmental professionals. Minnesota GreenCorps places members with host organizations across the state, giving them the opportunity to work on projects with goals related to reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions, improving water quality, and much more!
- Cedar Creek Ecosystem & Science Reserve-Ecology Internships: Spend the summer at the University of Minnesota’s biological field station at Cedar Creek! Contribute to ongoing field experiments, initiate individual research, and interact with other scholars as a research intern or technician.
- Geronimo Energy-Internships: Gain business and renewable energy experience working for this full-service renewable energy company based in Edina, MN.
- AmeriCorps: Explore the wide variety of natural resources projects offered during AmeriCorps’ summer service term. Opportunities vary from youth education to national forest visitor outreach and much more in between.
- Dodge Nature Center-Agriculture/Horticulture summer intern: Gain a general overview of small-scale farming practices as well as experience in sustainable agriculture. Learn to do feeding chores, basic animal husbandry, soil preparation, crop planting, and much more.
Full Time Positions
- Pace Analytical: Join the Pace Analytical team in a variety of full-time laboratory and regulatory positions with benefits. Career opportunities include regulatory coordinator, raw material coordinator, hazard communication specialist, physical properties technician, and more.
- Bay West- Household Hazardous Waste Technician: Benefit from continued training and mentoring, long term growth potential, and competitive salary and benefits as a household hazardous waste technician.
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency- Recycling Specialist: Be at the forefront of pollution control in Minnesota with MPCA. This position is based out of St. Paul.