- This event has passed.
Environmental Justice: Research and Community Partnerships
January 19, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Resources for the Future (RFF) and the Urban Institute will host the fifth event in Exposure, a six-part webinar series on environmental justice. Effective partnerships between researchers and community organizations can advance understanding of the nature of environmental problems and underlying vulnerabilities in disadvantaged communities, as well as help to identify policy and program solutions. These partnerships leverage complementary knowledge bases and skill sets: researchers often bring data and analytical tools to carefully measure and document impacts; community organizations elevate the lived experiences and concerns of residents and expand the research findings. At this event, a panel of experts will discuss how to make these partnerships work to advance environmental justice knowledge and work toward equitable solutions to environmental problems.
- Eddie Bautista, New York City Environmental Justice Alliance
- Bonnie Keeler, University of Minnesota, IonE Fellow
- Michael Méndez, University of California, Irvine
- Anne Junod, Urban Institute (Moderator)
- Margaret Walls, Resources for the Future (Moderator)