- This event has passed.
Food for Health: Breaking Bread & Breaking Barriers with Celebrity Chef, Carla Hall
November 10, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Positive Actions at the Intersection of Food, Social Inequities, and COVID-19.
Join experts from the University of Minnesota School of Public Health (SPH), along with leaders from five community organizations as they explore the current state of food insecurity and food inequities. Together, we will celebrate positive examples of how community partnerships are pursuing food and racial justice in midst of COVID-19 and the significant challenges brought on by the pandemic. Moderated by celebrity chef Carla Hall, our virtual conversation will focus on leveraging partnerships to scale up solutions and maximize impact.
Learn more and register here.
- John R. Finnegan Jr., Dean and Professor, UMN School of Public Health
- Dianne Neumark-Sztainer, Professor and Head of the Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, UMN School of Public Health
- Carla Hall, Chef, moderator
- Tricia Alexander, MPH Student, UMN School of Public Affairs
- Kelsey Cantzer, Rutabaga Project
- Lisa Harnack, Professor, UMN School of Public Health
- Thierry Ibri, Chief Operations and Program Officer, Minnesota Central Kitchen
- Melissa Laska, Distinguished McKnight University Professor, UMN School of Public Affairs
- Ellie Lucas, Founder and Executive Director, Hunger Impact Partners
- Tasha Powell, Director of Operations and Co-Founder, Appetite for Change
- Dana Thompson, Co-owner, The Sioux Chef