- This event has passed.
Midwest Climate Summit — Think Tank Kick-Off
October 2, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
The Midwest Climate Summit will be a virtual series of events – the Think Tank. Taking place in Fall 2020, these events will build partnerships, expand engagement, and focus efforts for accelerating climate action in the Midwest. The Think Tank Kick-Off begins Friday, October 2, 10:00am-12:30pm Central with a high-profile event featuring keynote speaker Dr. Robert Bullard, the internationally-renowned, award-winning environmental researcher, scholar and author.
Subsequent sessions (10/9, 10/23, 11/6, and 11/20) will include a keynote speaker, followed by concurrent workshops on the four themes above. Workshop participants may opt to register for the same track from week to week, or they can select different tracks.
Learn more and register here.
- Robert Bullard – Father of Environmental Justice
- Chris Caldwell – President of College of Menominee Nation and Director of Sustainable Development Institute
- Katherine Wilkinson – Author, strategist, teacher, and editor-in-chief at Project Drawdown
- Heather McTeer Toney – National Field Director for Moms Clean Air Force
- Isra Hirsi – Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director of the US Youth Climate Strike
Over twenty organizations are partnering to plan and host the Midwest Climate Summit, including:
- Bloomberg Philanthropies (founding partner)
- Washington University in St. Louis (founding partner)
- The Ohio State University (founding partner)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Indian Higher Education Consortium
- City of Columbia, MO
- City of St. Louis
- College of Menominee Nation
- Historically Black College and University Climate Change Coalition
- Indiana University Bloomington
- Indiana University – Purdue University – Indianapolis
- Iowa State University
- Northwestern University
- Second Nature
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Urban Sustainability Directors Network
- Vanderbilt University
- We Mean Business Coalition