- This event has passed.
Midwest-UK dialogue to examine collaborative climate action
March 3 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join Washington University in St. Louis and hear IonE’s very own Jessica Hellmann speak!
From 9-11 a.m. CST March 3, Midwestern partners will have the chance to learn about the United Kingdom’s climate agenda, including the COP26 conference scheduled in November 2021 in Glasgow, Scotland. Participants also will explore the collaborative links between climate action initiatives in the Midwest and the U.K. as well as possible future partnerships to address climate challenges.
Speakers will include:
- Jessica Hellmann, director, University of Minnesota Institute on the Environment
- Jillian Anable, professor of transport and energy, University of Leeds Institute for Transport Studies
- Richard Fitton, lecturer in energy efficiency, University of Salford; technical lead, Salford Energy House 2 project
- Alyssa Gilbert, chair, COP26 Universities Network (Imperial College London)
- Alan Gogbashian, British consul general for Chicago
- Beth Martin, teaching professor in environmental studies, interim director, Washington University Climate Change Program; U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change’s Research and Independent Non-Governmental Organizations lead
- Barry Rabe, professor of environmental policy, University of Michigan
- Dave Reay, professor of carbon management, University of Edinburgh; director, Edinburgh Climate Change Institute; director of policy, ClimateXChange
- Linda Samuels, associate professor of urban design, Washington University
- Matt Toombs, director of campaigns and engagement for the COP26 Unit, U.K.
- Dave Worsley, professor of engineering, Swansea University
Register and learn more here.