- This event has passed.
Your Water Futures
November 19, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
For students interested in a career or further study in a water-related practice, the future offers perhaps-unprecedented change, opportunity, and challenges. Minnesota faces a multi-billion dollar challenge from aging water infrastructure; agricultural impacts on clean water continue to be a problem; water access and equity issues continue to challenge public space agencies across the state. A changing climate vexes all of the considerations. A panel of early career professionals will discuss what they see as the future of water science, policy, and management in Minnesota.
3 – 4 p.m. Come check out the We Are Water MN exhibit (R-350, Commons)
4 – 5 p.m. Panel with Q&A (R-380, Seminar Room)
5 – 6 p.m. Networking opportunities between panelists and students with pizza and cookies
- Margaret Wagner Supervisor, Clean Water Technical Assistance Unit, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Jaron Cook, MN GreenCorps Member, Anoka Soil & Water Conservation District
- Emily Stephens, Graduate Engineer – Water Resources, WSB & Associates
- Max Dalton, Administrative Specialist, Mississippi Watershed Management Organization
- Anneka Munsell, Groundwater Modeler, MN Dept. of Natural Resources
- Amy Riegel, Environmental Specialist, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Kara Dennis, Hydrologist, Minnesota Department of Health
- Mark Houle, Water Resource Technician, Capitol Region Watershed District
- Brett Nagle, Fish Biologist, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency