We offer many workshops and events throughout the year that are open to graduate students, professional students and postdocs. Click here to view Spring 2022 trainings and events. Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest info on trainings and events!
Our goal is to support participants to be the sustainability leaders the world needs and allow for a space where participants can enhance a wide range of skills and explore new topics. Training topics often include:
- Climate Change Communications Workshops: In a world of increasing diversity of perspectives, it is a skill to be able to listen and converse in a constructive manner. Graduate students will develop and hone these skills as it relates to climate change science and communication. Experts in the field will teach, facilitate, and practice these skills with us.
- Navigating Climate Anxiety: Do you wonder how to navigate the emotional toll of climate breakdown? Strategies and solutions to care for your mental health while confronting the climate crisis and the burnout you might feel working on complex issues are essential.
- Leadership Trainings: IonE Graduate Leaders and the Institute staff plan useful, relevant, interactive and fun opportunities for students to:
- gain multidimensional leadership skills and
- enhance emotional intelligence, conflict management and negotiation, communication, collaboration, intercultural competence (and more!)
- Boreas Community Hours: Boreas networking events give students the opportunity to develop relationships with peers from across the University while learning from established and emerging environmental leaders about the challenges and opportunities of creating change. Open to all University of Minnesota graduate and professional students and postdocs, faculty and researchers.
- IonE Events: The Institute offers many exciting events, and the best way to stay connected is to sign up for the “IonE Events” calendar through the UMN Calendar. Stay tuned and subscribe to our calendar!
Have an idea and you want to plan your own event? Apply for funding to make it sustainable!
Learn about trainings and events offered by the Graduate School here.