We offer many workshops and events throughout the year that are open to graduate students, professional students and post docs.
- Incorporating Participatory Approaches to your Grad School Work and Beyond: This two-part workshop series will introduce graduate and professional students to Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR), participatory approaches to professional work more broadly, and ways these approaches can inform your research and future work.
- Leadership Trainings: IonE Graduate Leaders and the Institute staff plan useful, interactive and fun opportunities for students to gain leadership skills and enhance emotional intelligence, conflict management, communication, collaboration, intercultural competence (and more!) to prepare students to lead in diverse and complex settings. Stay tuned for more details about upcoming trainings.
- Boreas Community Hours: Boreas networking events give students the opportunity to develop relationships with peers from across the University while learning from established and emerging environmental leaders about the challenges and opportunities of creating change. Open to all University of Minnesota graduate and professional students and post-docs, faculty and researchers.
- IonE Events: The Institute offers many exciting events, and the best way to stay connected is to sign up for the “IonE Events” calendar through the UMN Calendar. Two event series that will be offered this year are:
- Second Mondays brings together a panel of experts – from within the University and beyond – to ask big questions, discuss collaborative projects, and dive into other cross-cutting sustainability issues.
- People and Planet: Conversation that Make Connections: Join us for a series of conversations exploring the many intersections of our changing global climate and the human and natural systems that also shape our world
- Mindful Moment for Hope and Resilience: Join us each week for 15 minutes of mindfulness, a time to be in community and connect around a commitment to a healthy planet.
Planning your own event? Apply for funding to make it sustainable!
Trainings and Events from Across the University
- Academic and Career Development Workshops from The Graduate School