The Boreas student advisory team is composed of students from across the University who are interested in engaging more deeply with Boreas. Student advisory team members provide guidance on the strategy and growth of Boreas, develop relationships across campus, and develop and practice their leadership skills. Advisory team members gain access to a more in-depth cohort experience within Boreas and are expected to have a deeper commitment to the program.
- Develop relationships with an interdisciplinary team of student leaders.
- Influence the overall direction and strategy of Boreas.
- Practice and reflect on leadership skills and development.
- Gain priority access to Boreas workshops and seminars.
- Participate in regular team meetings (approximately monthly plus optional social events).
- Advise on strategic direction of Boreas, such as format of workshops, guest speakers, and program content and form.
- Promote Boreas programs and opportunities in your social network and home college.
- Regularly take part in Boreas programming.
- Be a registered University of Minnesota graduate student or post-doctoral fellow.
- Be interested in changing the world.
- Complete a short application.
Current Student Advisory Team
- Bethany Tourek
PhD student in Mechanical Engineering