Ecolab Sustainability Internship Scholarships
Award: Up to $1,500 (depending on credits enrolled in for internship)
Deadline: December 9th, 2019
Ecolab Sustainability Internship Scholarships provide support for students who are interested in an unpaid internship focused on sustainability studies and/or environmental grand challenges. The internship must meet the following criteria:
- For Spring 2020, all interns are required to take SUST 4096 (Sustainability Internships) to deepen your experience.
- Students need to have enrolled for the class and started the process to identify a sustainability-related internship for the fall semester before applying for the scholarship.
- Students will need to follow up with potential internship sites to finalize the internship by the second week of the semester, preferably by the start of the semester.
- Scholarships amount varies with size of internship: 4 credits (140 hours) $1500, 3 credits (98 hours) $1000, 2 credits (56 hours) $600.
- A supervisor has been identified at your internship site who will verify your work hours and will help ensure that you have a good internship experience.
- You are not receiving a salary for your internship work. Small benefits such as occasional lunches, free tickets, and parking privileges, do not count as salary. Modest stipends (less than $100 total) also do not count as salary.
- Complete the online application by December 9th, and submit an unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates may be asked to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
- Scholarship recipients will receive half the scholarship at the beginning of the internship, and half after completing the internship.