Eligibility & Preference
Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for any of the Ecolab Experiential opportunities if they
- Are registered full-time in a degree program at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities during the semester when the scholarship is awarded.
- Domestic students must have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act application on file at the University of Minnesota. (You can check with One Stop to confirm your status.) You can learn more about financial aid eligibility criteria here.
- International students who have financial need are also eligible to apply but will be asked to submit supplemental essay questions.
- It is expected that Ecolab Scholars maintain the University’s satisfactory academic progress toward completion of an undergraduate degree as outlined at https://onestop.umn.edu/finances/satisfactory-academic-progress-sap.
- All Ecolab Scholars must comply with all rules and regulations set forth by the University of Minnesota Student Conduct Code. (See https://communitystandards.umn.edu for details).
- A demonstrated interest in and/or passion for learning the skills and knowledge needed to put sustainability into practice, solve pressing environmental challenges in Minnesota and globally, or finding solutions for our world’s grand environmental challenges
Preference will be given to students who:
- Have significant financial need as determined by the University’s Office of Student Finance
- Are pursuing internships or proposing projects that have a focus on environmental justice and/or equity issues
- Are able to participate in programs and events offered through the Ecolab Scholar Program
- Have not already received other UMN Ecolab scholarships