The Sustainability & Energy Expo will on April 3rd, 2020 from 11:45am to 4pm ONLINE.
This online conference is an opportunity for students to present their work in sustainability to their peers and community members in front of a panel of judges. Everyone is welcome to log on and see the diversity of student research and presentations on issues ranging from campus to global scale. Attendees can discuss and connect with students over sustainability and the environment through Q&A sessions. With such a wide variety of sustainability-related work and presentations, the conversations that can be had and connections that can be made are endless.
More information on our Expo Web page. Stay tuned for more updates.
IonE’s Sustainability Education program creates a vibrant and transformative community of students and faculty from across the University of Minnesota Twin Cities who work together to advance sustainability in society. The program’s work revolves around three key strategies:
- Develop student leadership by educating and empowering students across disciplines, backgrounds, levels of interest and knowledge of sustainability.
- Create and participate in opportunities for faculty, researchers and artists to teach, engage in and present about sustainability.
- Build bridges with various communities, develop shared program models, and provide leadership within the University community and with external organizations.
Among its specific activities, the Sustainability Education program:
- coordinates the University of Minnesota Twin Cities undergraduate sustainability studies minor
- organizes the Undergrad Leaders program, a cohort-based leadership accelerator
- supports student-driven initiatives and co-curricular opportunities
- produces a sustainability-focused event for incoming students during Welcome Week
- collaborates with others across the University’s five-campus system and communities outside the University such as other universities, community colleges and K–12 educators on educational programs
- serves as home base for students who organize an annual community Sustainability Fair
Sustainability Education News
The third annual Sustainability Education Summit was held on Friday, Feb. 28 and was accessible to participants in person and…