On August 13th and 26th, faculty and staff involved with the Institute on the Environment convened two workshops on systems thinking. The resources collected below showcase systems thinking resources from across disciplines within the University of Minnesota.
August 13th Workshop
- Mary Hanneman, Sustainability Education Co-Director, IonE Staff
- Reba Luiken, Coordinator of Informal Interpretation, Landscape Arboretum, IonE Educator
- Jane Wissinge, Professor of Chemistry and Organic Chemistry Laboratory Director, IonE Educator
- Kimberly Byrd, Sustainability Instructor at UMN Twin Cities and University of St. Thomas, IonE Educator
August 26th Workshop
- Aaron Hanson, Program Specialist for Leadership and Education at the Institute on the Environment
- Jonee Kulman Brigham, Minnesota Design Center Senior Research Fellow at CDES and Institute on the Environment Fellow
- Julia Frost Nerbonne, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Executive Director of Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light
- Shaun Kennedy, Director at The Food System Institute, Adjunct Associate Professor in Veterinary Population Medicine at the University of Minnesota
Workshop Recommendations & Resources
Below are recommendations for readings, websites, and videos on systems thinking from the workshop presenters.
“Dancing with Systems” by Donella Meadows in Ecological Literacy: Educating Our Children for a Sustainable World by Michael Stone and Zenobia Barlow