Sustainability Education Summit
The first in a two-part series, this September’s Sustainability Education Summit offers faculty and staff an opportunity to share best practices in teaching and innovation in sustainability — both on campus and in communities. The half-day gathering will feature a provocative, multi-campus discussion on sustainability across the curriculum, with fresh ideas and new ways to reach students.
Program Highlights Include
- Keynote speaker Jacquie Johnson, former chancellor of University of Minnesota Morris
- IonE Educators Michelle Garvey, College of Liberal Arts, and Tiffany Richardson, College of Education and Human Development, Twin Cities
- Talks on innovative teaching practices from representatives from the University of Minnesota Duluth and University of Minnesota Morris
- Opportunities for conversation and more!
When and Where?
Friday, September 15th, 2017
10:00am – 1:00 PM CDT
The summit will be digitally co-hosted, live, at all five University of Minnesota campuses. For those who cannot attend in person, all talks will also be streamed online.
Crookston Location: Sergeant Student Center, Bede Ballroom, C & D
Duluth Location: Kathrine A. Martin Library, 4th floor Rotunda
Morris Location: Humanities Fine Arts Building, Room 45
Rochester Location: University Square, Room 419
Twin Cities Location: 1954 Buford Avenue, LES Building Room R-380
Register here to attend at any UMN campus or online.
On-site registration includes lunch and refreshments.
We welcome feedback from participants and sharing of resources by both participants and others interested in Sustainability Education. They can be submitted via the following form.
Save the date!
Sustainability Education Summit, Part II:
Friday, January 26th, 2018 from 10 am to 1 pm
Program Highlights will include
- IonE Educators Liz Hill, Chemical Engineering Department, Swenson College of Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota Duluth and Ned Mohan, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Talks on innovative teaching practices from representatives from the University of Minnesota Crookston and University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- More opportunities for conversation!