You can help provide secure, sustainable and economic solutions to global grand challenges of food and land use, water, energy, and population and development with a philanthropic gift to the Institute on the Environment.
Gifts for leadership development will help:
- provide scholarships to students to envision and launch successful social businesses through our Acara Program
- equip students and postdoctoral fellows with skills they need to become environmental leaders through our Boreas Leadership Program
- provide undergraduates with opportunities to connect society and the environment through the Sustainability Minor.
Gifts for partner engagement will help:
- provide environmental leaders a platform for gaining and sharing game-changing ideas and insights through our award-winning Ensia magazine
- give industries, governments and individuals opportunities to move together beyond marginal greening efforts to more meaningful, systemic change.
Gifts for solution-driven research will help:
- improve understanding of land use changes and enhance our ability to balance human needs with environmental stewardship through our Global Landscapes Initiative.
Please give now — and help move Minnesota and the world from global challenges to game-changing solutions.
- Contact Jan Gerstenberger for more details on how to get involved.
- Sign up here to receive periodic emails about new ideas and opportunities to be involved.
- Make a gift to IonE online through the University of Minnesota Foundation.
The Institute on the Environment is supported by a range of government agencies, foundations, NGOs, corporations and individuals. We thank you for your support.
$100,000 to $999,999
General Mills Inc
The Grantham Foundation
Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources
The McKnight Foundation
Minnesota Department of Commerce
The Mosaic Company
The Mosaic Company Foundation
National Academies Keck Futures Initiative
National Science Foundation
US Department of Education
Jeff and Mary Werbalowsky
$10,000 to $99,999
Best Buy Purchasing LLC
The Caldrea Company
Lowell Schwab and Rae Carter
Al-Corn Clean Fuel
The Dow Chemical Company
Environmental Defense Fund, Inc.
Global Environment Management Initiative
Randall and Sara Hogan
Keep America Beautiful Inc.
Ross and Bridget Levin
Minnehaha Creek Watershed District
Minnesota Historical Society
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
Tennant Co Inc
USDA Northern Research Station
USDI National Park Service
World Wildlife Fund
$1,000 to $9,999
Aspen Research Corporation
Consulate General of Canada
Crow Wing County
Faegre and Benson LLP
Fish & Richardson PC
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Phoenix Solutions Co
St. Louis County
Stoel Rives LLP
The Stratford Companies
David and Julianne Svingen
Mary and Steven Swig
Tantay Ventures Fund-Minnesota Community Foundation
Thomson Reuters North American Legal
UPM Blandin Paper Co
USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture
Wells Fargo Foundation