You can help provide secure, sustainable and economic solutions to global grand challenges of food and land use, water, energy, and population and development with a philanthropic gift to the Institute on the Environment.
- provide scholarships to students to envision and launch successful social businesses through the Acara Program
- equip students and postdoctoral fellows with skills they need to become environmental and sustainability leaders through our Boreas Leadership Program
- provide undergraduates with opportunities to connect society and the environment through the Sustainability Minor.
- provide environmental leaders a platform to connect across sectors to share game-changing ideas and insights through our award-winning Ensia magazine
- give industries, governments and individuals opportunities to collaborate and move beyond marginal greening efforts to more meaningful, systemic change.
- enable understanding of links between land use changes and water resources through the Global Water Initiative
- improve understanding of land use changes and enhance our ability to balance human needs with environmental stewardship through our Global Landscapes Initiative.
Please give now — and help move Minnesota and the world from global challenges to game-changing solutions.
- Contact Jan Gerstenberger for more details on how to get involved.
- Sign up here to receive periodic emails about new ideas and opportunities to be involved.
- Make a gift to IonE online through the University of Minnesota Foundation.
The Institute on the Environment is supported by a range of government agencies, foundations, NGOs, corporations and individuals. Thank you for your support.
St. Louis County
Stoel Rives LLP
The Stratford Companies
David and Julianne Svingen
Mary and Steven Swig
Tantay Ventures Fund-Minnesota Community Foundation
Thomson Reuters North American Legal
UPM Blandin Paper Co
USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture
Wells Fargo Foundation