**Due to the public health concern involving COVID-19 and public gatherings, the Institute on the Environment will be pausing these applications the remainder of the year. For events in spring 2021, please check back in Fall for updates.**
Sustainable Event Sponsorship
The Institute on the Environment works to build a place where people and planet prosper together, including cultivating an engaged campus community. Our sustainable event sponsorship offers internal University of Minnesota units, colleges, departments, and groups an opportunity to create a low to zero waste event through accessing IonE expertise and a contribution to offset catering and compostable serviceware costs.
What we’re looking for:
- Applicant’s commitment to and interest in taking the next step in hosting a sustainable event; the Sustainable Event Sponsorship is intended as a springboard for University entities to utilize zero waste initiatives for their future sustainable events.
- Events need not be explicitly environmentally related, however, preference will be given to events that align with the IonE strategic plan and theory of change, which prioritizes interdisciplinary and cross-sector collaboration, the pursuit of novel insights, and cultivation of human capital.
What you will receive:
- Funding up to $250; will be scaled to event size, to be used to offset sustainable catering costs.
- Pre-event meeting, coaching, and information on hosting sustainable events
- On-site day-of event support in coordination with applicant’s event staff
- Signage to promote your low to zero waste event
- Promotion through IonE social media
How to apply:
- Complete the Sustainable Event Sponsorship Form a minimum of 2-3 months in advance of your event, because catering is a critical component of zero waste.
- Currently on pause for the academic spring semester.
- Responses are reviewed once a week. Applicants will receive a response within two weeks from submission date.