A web of ideas: IonE Fellows named to list of highly cited researchers
Anyone who knows IonE knows that we’re all about team-based science, collaboration, and working across disciplines. That usually means we don’t place too much emphasis on individual statistics — but given our focus on impact, we can’t help but latch onto numbers that demonstrate just how far an idea has spread.
One of these metrics is citations. “Papers that are cited more frequently represent scientific findings that have influenced the scientific community,” says associate director for knowledge initiatives Melissa Kenney. We’re inspired by the influence our researchers have had on others, and we’re proud to announce that several IonE Affiliates have been named to the Web of Science Group’s list of Highly Cited Researchers!
- David Tilman, College of Biological Sciences
- Forest Isbell, College of Biological Sciences
- Peter Reich, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
- Elizabeth Borer, College of Biological Sciences
- Jeannine Cavender-Bares, College of Biological Sciences
- Paul West, Institute on the Environment
- Sarah Hobbie, College of Biological Sciences
- Stephen Polasky, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
We would be remiss if we didn’t also give a shout-out to our Vice President for Research, Chris Cramer!
Congratulations to these researchers, and we look forward to seeing how far IonE’s collaborative ideas spread in the new year!