Ecolab Student-Initiated Sustainability Leadership Projects
These scholarships support students who need funding to free themselves up to spend time leading projects to address environmental grand challenges. Projects can be led on or off campus, but student applicants must identify a UMN Faculty or staff person who is able to serve as project advisor. The project advisor will be asked to provide guidance to the student during the project and complete a brief evaluation of the student’s project.
Student-Initiated Leadership Projects
Award: Up to $2000
Application Opens: February 1, 2022
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Students applying for Student-Initiated Sustainability Leadership Projects should be able to start their project in early June, and be able to complete them by early August.
- Students will attend an orientation (June 1st 10am-12pm) and cohort programming (Wednesdays from June 6-August 12).
- First, students must have a project advisor to coach/mentor the project. Preferably a UMN faculty member.
- Projects should be well-planned and of reasonable scope for the time allotted.
- Click here to preview the application questions.
- Complete the online application form by March 1, 2022.
Ecolab Scholars will attend Ecolab Scholars cohort programming throughout the 2022-23 school year.
Questions about any of these scholarships can be sent to IonEscholarship@umn.edu.
See responses to common questions on the FAQ page.