- This event has passed.
Community-Scale Battery Storage Workshop
July 19 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Are you curious about how a battery storage system might help your organization? Wondering about how to even begin thinking about what kind of system would work for you?
Join the Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) and the Institute on the Environment (IonE) for an afternoon workshop geared toward helping participants understand the key factors that influence the type of storage project they pursue and how to get started.
We will dig into IonE’s soon-to-be-released Minnesota Community-scale Energy Storage Guide as a primer and resource to move forward and hear from both battery storage adopters and the companies with whom they’ve partnered about how they designed their projects and what lessons learned they’d impart to others.
An overview of the workshop:
- What: A workshop to equip interested community-scale battery storage adopters with an understanding of how to begin scoping out a potential project.
- Why: To help entities dive into their motivation to use a battery storage system—their “use case”—and how those factors will drive the type of battery storage system they need
- When: Monday, July 19, 1-4pm, optional networking until 4:30
- Format: Over Zoom with breaks and smaller-group / individual activities
- Who should attend? Community-scale energy storage describes the wide capacity range between residential and utility-scale. Anyone in this space—small businesses, community organizations such as municipal buildings, places of worship, and community centers, and many non-profit organizations—are encouraged to attend.