Each year, the Institute on the Environment recruits graduate students to serve as volunteer leaders and facilitators of our graduate programs. These students also serve on the Institute’s Graduate Leadership Council. Each leader receives a $2000 stipend as well as professional and leadership development training. Learn more about specific positions here.
The IonE Graduate Leaders are asked to commit to the role from August to May, volunteering approximately 3 hours per week when classes are in session and attending the weekly Graduate Leadership Council meetings.
Read about the 2020-2021 IonE Graduate Leaders!
Who Should Apply in 2021?
- Current registered University of Minnesota graduate or professional students with a demonstrated interest in environmental issues, sustainable development, and changemaking.
- Students with excellent organizational ability.
- Individuals who have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Those with a strong capacity to lead independently in a virtual setting.
- Students who are eager to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and community members to design programming.
How Do You Apply?
Applications for 21-22 Graduate Leaders will open mid June, 2021.