Ecolab Sustainability Internship Scholarships
Ecolab Scholarships for Sustainability Internships
These Ecolab Scholarships provide support for students with demonstrated financial need who are interested in an unpaid internship focused on sustainability studies and/or environmental grand challenges.
*Due to COVID-19, Fall 2021 internships will be conducted remotely.
Ecolab Sustainability Internship Scholarships provide support for students who are interested in an unpaid internship focused on sustainability studies and/or environmental grand challenges. Internships are coordinated through the SUST 4096 (Sustainability Internships) course. Internship start and end dates will align with the academic semester (14-15 weeks, approximately September 7th to December 15).
Award: Up to $1,750
- 4 credits + 140 hour internship (10hrs/wk) – $1,750 scholarship award
- 3 credits + 98 hour internship (7hrs/wk) – $1,375 scholarship award
- 2 credits + 56 hour internship (4hrs/wk) – $1,000 scholarship award
Application Opens: Stay tuned! Applications will reopen early August.
Application Deadline: Rolling basis
Eligibility: Please visit the eligibility page for Ecolab Scholarship program requirements
- Applicants must be undergraduate students on the UMN Twin-Cities campus registered full-time in both the Spring and Fall.
- All interns are required to weekly cohort meetings to further professional development and share experiences among peers.
- All interns are required to take SUST 4096 (Sustainability Internships) to deepen your experience.
- Students need to enroll in the class before applying for the scholarship. Enroll here.
- After completing the applications, submit an unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates may be asked to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
- Students will need to follow up with potential internship sites to finalize the internship by the start of the semester.
- A supervisor will need to verify your position and work hours, and will help ensure that you have a good internship experience.
- Scholarship recipients will receive half the scholarship at the beginning of the internship, and half after completing the internship.
- You are not receiving a salary for your internship work. Small benefits such as occasional lunches, free tickets, and parking privileges, do not count as salary. Modest stipends (less than $100 total) also do not count as salary.
To Apply: Stay tuned! Applications will reopen early August.
Selected Ecolab Scholars will also attend the Ecolab Scholars Cohort Program for the 2021-22 school year!
*Spring Semester internship applications will open in November. Check back for more information.