IonE’s Sustainability Education program encourages students to find their voice, define their path and listen to other perspectives as emerging leaders by providing:
- culturally relevant cross-institutional programming and dialogue
- opportunities for students to meet across disciplines
- creative communication and expression platforms
- mentorship for student group leaders and student-led initiatives
- forums for student leadership gatherings.
The Undergraduate Leaders’ Program helps University students become world changers. Participants take part in a combination of skills workshops, cohort activities and mentorship opportunities to gain leadership skills and build professional networks.
In the capstone class project for the sustainability studies minor, students learn systems thinking by researching, assessing and making plans to implement sustainability best practices while planning, organizing and hosting an annual Sustainability Fair.
Sustainability Education’s collaboration with the City of St. Paul’s Right Track program offers summer-long internships at IonE to area high school students and recent graduates. Participating interns develop professional skills, learn about complex environmental issues being addressed at IonE, and explore career possibilities in environmental research and leadership.