The Faculty Leadership Council advises IonE’s director, plays a central role in guiding faculty participation in IonE and ensures that faculty concerns are incorporated into IonE goals and decisions. Members do not officially represent their colleges or departments but are encouraged to think of the wishes and needs of fellow faculty members. The council’s agenda is suggested by the IonE director and prioritized and led by its members.
The Faculty Leadership Council was formed in 2015 and contains the following faculty:
- Tom Fisher (College of Design, 2015–2017)
- Efi Foufoula-Georgiou (College of Science and Engineering, 2015–2017)
- Sarah Hobbie (College of Biological Sciences, 2015–2017)
- Steve Polasky (College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, 2015–2017)
- Rolf Weberg (Natural Resources Research Institute, 2015–2017)
- Elizabeth Wilson (Humphrey School of Public Affairs, 2015–2017)
- Raj Rajan (EcoLab, 2016–2017)
- Paige Novak (College of Science and Engineering, 2016–2017)
- Alexandra Klass (Law School, 2016-2018)
By the end of 2016, the council will expand to include approximately 10 members. Members serve two-year terms. Nominations for membership and questions regarding the Faculty Leadership Council should be sent to Jessica Hellmann.