The Faculty Leadership Council advises IonE’s director, plays a central role in guiding faculty participation in IonE and ensures that the concern of IonE affiliates are incorporated into IonE goals and decisions. Members do not officially represent their colleges or departments but are encouraged to think of the wishes and needs of members of the IonE community. The council’s agenda is suggested by the IonE director and prioritized and led by its members.
The Faculty Leadership Council was formed in 2015 and contains the following faculty:
- Tom Fisher (College of Design, 2015–2018)
- Sarah Hobbie (College of Biological Sciences, 2015–2018)
- Rolf Weberg (Natural Resources Research Institute, 2015–2018)
- Raj Rajan (Ecolab, 2016–2019)
- Paige Novak (College of Science and Engineering, 2016–2019)
- Alexandra Klass (Law School, 2016-2019)
- Christine Baeumler (College of Liberal Arts, 2016-2019)
- Mark Pedelty (College of Liberal Arts, 2016-2019)
- Tim Smith (Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, 2017-2020)
- Gabe Chan (Humphrey School of Public Affairs, 2017-2020)
Appointments are for three year terms, beginning Oct. 1 and ending Sept. 30. Nominations for membership and questions regarding the Faculty Leadership Council should be sent to Jessica Hellmann.