Are you an UMN-TC undergraduate looking for an internship or research opportunity this summer? Do you have an interest in sustainability and the environment? Apply for the IonE Sustainability Corps, a new summer program to engage undergraduates in remote internships focused on the Institute on the Environment’s impact goals around energy transition, clean water, and sustainable land use. To learn more about eligibility, please click here.
- Now accepting applications for select remaining positions on a rolling basis. Apply Now!
- Program Elements: An exciting internship or research assistantship in which you will make an impact on important sustainability issues in Minnesota, fourteen hours of leadership and professional development training, and a Sustainability Corps water bottle.
- Program Dates: All selected students are required to attend orientation June 1st, 10-12 pm (save the date!), and will develop a weekly schedule with their supervisor for June 2-August 13. All students will meet for training on Wednesdays 1-2 for training, reflection and support.
- Time Commitment: 10 hours a week or 14 hours a week (100 hours or 140 hours total).
- Payment: Some internships are paid, others are unpaid. If you receive an unpaid internship, you are placed in an unpaid internship, you will be considered for either an Ecolab Experiential Education Scholarship and/or an IonE Sustainability Corps summer stipend thanks to generous funding from Ecolab and individual donors. In the application you will be able to note your interest in scholarships/stipends.
- Types of Internships: To contribute to the Institute on the Environment’s impact goals around energy transition, clean water, and sustainable land use, we are prioritizing internship sites that can put students in positions working in one or more of these areas. To see available position descriptions, click here. Due to COVID-19, all Summer 2021 internships will all be remote.
- To Apply: Please complete the application here.
- Eligibility: To learn more about eligibility, please click here.
Community and Campus Leaders: Are you interested in hosting an intern or research assistant? If so, please find more information here.
Questions can be directed to Aaron Hanson, email@example.com